Wednesday, June 10, 2009

3 AM Meeting



I have the privilege of being at what I consider the most beautiful place on earth. I love the ocean and I love beaches. What I really love is both of them on a warm night. This morning at about 3 am. I awoke and could not fall asleep, after tossing and turning for about a half an hour I got up slipped out without waking anyone and made my way down to the beach. The moon was shinning brightly and lit up the sky as well as illuminated everything around. I could see the palms swaying and a few little crabs scurrying around trying not to get swept back out to sea. I could also see islands in the distance that looked a glow from the moons light (does it sound like I am trying to hard to be a contemplative writer?..., yeah me too... OK is was freakin' beautiful and I was the only one around to enjoy it.
At first I tried to be very spiritual and figure out why God had me awake and what amazing word he was going to speak to me. After sitting down watching the waves, talking to God, waiting for a miraculous sign and for him to spell out his future plans to save the world through me (haha) It became vary aware of why he wanted me out there. He just wanted me to know that he loved me and was with me. I tend to be a person of extreme, I think to highly of myself-I look spend of lot of time in self-degradation; I am super excited about God-I could care less; I love being in the center of his will-I feel as though I am wasting his creation. So he gave me exactly what I needed. Not a tongue lashing of guilt and shame, and not the revelation of an amazing plan he wanted me to carry out- rather he simply let me know that in the most beautiful place on earth- He loved me and He was with me, and that as I return back to smog, problems, and life as normal- He will be with me and He loves me!!!!
That is the best thing I could have been given at my 3 AM meeting on the beach.

No comments: