Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Handling Tough Situations (With Confidence and Trust)


It seems the theme of the last year and more specifically at this very time- the theme seems to be being stuck in sticky situations where clear wisdom is absolute necessary. I have found that I am am good at diagnosing problems but when it actually comes to the steps of a solution I am not so great. So I diagnosed my problem: 1. I live a lot of life based on fear ("what bad thing will happen if a no or don't do this") and 2. I really don't trust God.

Just recently I encountered a few of these sticky situations, and tried to look at them from a new angle. Instead of worrying about the circumstances and how I will come off looking after the dust settles- I am beginning to just say "What is the right thing to do. Period." and then to begin there will all decisions and conversation. The second thing I am doing is starting to generally trust God, when I pray, instead of praying out a anxiety and pleading to be removed from the situation, I am beginning to thank God for this opportunity to grow, and trust that regardless of the outcome- his will will prevail and realizing any outcome that I contrive cannot even compare with his amzing plan.

The Crazy thing is that it is working. I am less stressed, I have clearer vision, and the outcomes are blowing me away. This "God is in control" stuff really works when I listen, trust, and act out of confidence in who he is and what he wants to do.

No comments: