Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dance Machine


This is my 3 year old Jackson dancing at Church. He is constantly teaching me about what being a genuine follower of Jesus looks like. I am working on slowing down and enjoying life more and caring less about what people think about me and gaining their praise. This is one of those moments. I think this is part of what Jesus was talking about when he said having a faith like a child. Jackson didn't care that there were 1200 people around, he just wanted to dance. I think there are a lot of expectations (most of them false) placed on people on what being a "Christian Includes." These expectations often lead us into a mundane relationship with Jesus based on obligation rather than a free relationship that makes us want to dance. Last night my family were all in the living room and a graet song came on TV, my response was to scream out "family dance party" we danced and laughed and made a memory I will have for the rest of my life. Do yourself a favor and take some time to dance today.

No comments: