Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner to Go


I had an interesting Thanksgiving this year. I actually ate my thanksgiving dinner out of a to-go box alone. Sounds pretty depressing huh? We traveled down to LA on Wednesday to spend the holiday with Codies family at her uncles house. Five minutes after we arrived Jackson (my 2 year old) started hurling- not just a cute little throw up, like the... almost started going into some unnecessary gruesome details. So not only did he puke one he spent three days laying in bed getting up every 15-20 minutes for a good cry and another hurl. Poor guy was such a trooper- I would have called it quits after what he went through.
So Thursday for thanksgiving I sent Codie to spend time with her family and me and Jackson stayed in bed. Codie Did bring me a rather fantastic spread in the to-go box and although I ate alone it was great.
Anyway Jackson is finally feeling better, and I actually got a little sleep the last 2 nights.

A few things I am thankful for:

1. My Family- Healthy or Sick I am blessed
2. The Fact that God loves and uses "Failures"
3. a Great Church that loves to be the church rather than play it.
4. A great group of Friends who I get to do life with.
5. Kenny the Shark- Love watching it with my two boys, we laugh at each other more than the show.
6. Mac Computers. On the 8th day God created.... you know
7. Diet Pepsi
8. The experiences in life that helped shape and mold me
9. Humor: If it weren't for the ability to laugh life would be too serious
10. God's provision (I know trite cheesy spiritual quote- but extremely true.

hope you all had a great thanksgiving.

No comments: