Friday, March 20, 2009

Getting away

Yesterday I jumped in the car with Jerrod and Jonathan and drove to the mountains. We just needed to get away. I have allowed myself to get to busy, to let the business of life over take me and life has been controlling me. What I do, what I don't want to do, has been dictating how I live. Yesterday was a strategic attempt to get away from everything. No TV, no Phone, No business, no projects, just simply my Bible, my Ipod (was worshipping with Crowder), and God.
So Jerrod, John and I each wend out separate ways by the rushing river and just spent some time alone with God.
I cannot say that I had any amazing revelations and earth shattering experiences to report, but I was able for about 3 hours just to listen to God, through his word through music, and just listening to reconnect and to get my life realigned to listening to him.
I need to do that more often. It was a breath of fresh air (literally and spiritually)

I was reinvigorated and am ready to continue the opportunity that God has placed in front of me and invited me to become a part of. God is actively pursuing all people, and he want me to be involved in what he is doing. Not help him, but join into what he is doing and to let him use my hands and feet to carry out what he is going to do. I am very humbled and thankful for what he is going to do.

Here is a pic from where I spent most of my time Friday

No comments: