Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Today

More dental work today. Not too excited about that. I am learning a lesson through this however; that being the importance of not leaving things undone or unattended to. I was seeing a dentist for the last 6 years who always said, "looks like I'm not going to make any money off of you today.". Turns out he should have been making money of of me. I go to a new dentist and guess what 6 different dental procedures necessary. I should have known something was wrong when my cleaning only lasted 4 minutes.
Anyway, I was thinking about my life, in all areas (spiritual, financial, relational, etc.) and I could apply the principle of proactive action and preemptive intentionality in all these areas. Proverbs is filled with wisdom on this. I am reminded today of my need to not let life play me, but to let Gods spirit and strength guide me to live above the norm and to not let things fester until they cause me problems.
Off to to the dentist I go.

No comments: