Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Words we Say

Lately I have been thinking about living intentionally. Much of what we (I) say, don't say, do, don't do, think, ignore, feel, reject, is based on reaction or trained response.

I am getting stirred to "Live on Purpose" again. Not wanting to do things just because that is what I am supposed to, or expected to do... but rather:

Because of Who Jesus is and what he has done in me and for me. I desire to become like Peter and John in the book of Acts when they are told to quit speaking the name of Jesus. Their Response: We cannot help help but do this! It became who they were and who they are. Are am sure they were reminded of Jesus' talk with them about this very situation in Matthew 10 19But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

I was inspired by this poem about the words we say.

Typography from Ronnie Bruce on Vimeo.


Who's authority are you speaking from?...

No comments: