Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New Venture

This next week will be my last week as one of the Pastors at Crossroads. It is truly a bittersweet time. I am thankful for the opportunity that I was given to plant Elevate as well as to serve with a great team of people sharing the Love of Jesus with this community, I will miss meeting with them on a weekly basis. The excitement of the new venture however is revolutionizing my life and my trust in God.

A few people have asked what this means to Elevate, the answer is simple- Elevate will continue to operate as normal and I will still continue to lead our amazing leadership team to reach out to the young adult college generation of this community. There is going to arise the need for people to step up and start taking ownership of Elevate and what happens each week.

The reason I am leaving my position at Crossroads is to Plant a new Church in Exeter called Orange Valley Church. I look forward to sharing much more in future of post of how I arrived at this point in life, to take this bold (possibly crazy) step of faith to leave the security of something safe to the challenging unknown.

I am looking forward to what God has in store for me, I am a firm believer that he is the one who orders our steps and I am blown away where he has led and how he has provided this far. We have the responsibility of preparing and planning but ultimately we need to be listening to his voice and receive our direction from the Holy Spirit.

Look forward to sharing much in the near future. have an amazing day.

No comments: