Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What are you doing this summer?


Summertime is here: it is a time for many of us to slow down. Many are done with school, going on vacation and just flat out ready for a breather. If you are like me life changes big time- my kids don't have school, therefore if they are not entertained or kept occupied they break things, each other, or they simply drive me to a place of near insanity. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I love spending time with them, but if my parenting goes on a vacation its not good for anyone in the family. So I am having to look at this summer with purpose. Daddy Day Camp is now in full session and I am determined not to let our kids fall victim to jut another lazy summer of getting on each others nerves.

Tonight I preached a message from John Chapter 5 on not allowing ourselves to fall victim to letting our spiritual life go on vacation. Life has a way of lulling us into a place of familiarity that we aren't willing (or able) to leave regardless of how much we want to. So the question is: What are you doing this summer. Are you looking forward to checking out for a few months, are ready to jump on board what God is doing all around you and allow yourself to be used by God to make this a summer like you never have experienced.

I am ready, are you? Buckle up, its going to be a wild, but worthwhile ride!!!

No comments: