Thursday, June 5, 2008

9 Years


Yesterday I celebrated 9 years of Marriage to my wife Codie. It is amazing how quick time goes by it seems like only yesterday when we were planning a wedding and getting to know the person we hadn't known for the previous 20-something years of our life. I am truly blessed to have the opportunity to share my life with such an amazing person. When I first met her on a blind date set up by her dad... thats right her dad... I remember trying to think of ways to get out of the date, because I was scared of the unknown. I had some friends who knew her and were telling me you have to go out with her, she is an incredible person. Fortunately for me, I listened and the rest is history- a wonderful history that now includes two boys and almost a decade of incredible memories and a life I don't deserve. Thinking back to all the good things my friends said about my wife before I knew her, they didn't even touch the surface of who she is. I am always learning new things about her and finding new ways to share life together with her.I think sometimes ot is easy to relegate our relationship to God to a one time decision and then just following a set of rules, rather than exploring the amazing ways that God is continually revealing himself to us.
I have lots of room for improvement as a husband, and as a follower of Christ...
I look forward to growing in my relationships as we go through a new series at Elevate called "True Love?"

No comments: