Tuesday, June 17, 2008

God is on the Move


As humans we have a way of getting so consumed with our lives that we base our perspective of God on what we think he is or isn't doing for us individually. If things are going well its easy to say God is good, and to sing songs of praise and wonder why every one isnt happy. On the other hand if we are having one of those days, weeks or months (or sometimes life's) and things aren't all good, and we just want to crawl in a corner and shut life out because it seems so unfair or cruel. The truth is that God is always on the move, we may have times of trial and struggle, but God is alway there and is always expressing his love for us.
One of the ways I can get out of my egocentric way of thinking about God is to seei what he is doing. One of the greatest influences in my life in my walk with God and in ministering to others is a guy named Louie Giglio, is the the founder of 268generation and the Passion Conferences.
They are currently taking the passion conferences to the world, check out their blog: http://www.268blog.blogspot.com it is amazing to see what God is doing. I was listening to the podcast and was moved at God's love for all people, and his willingness to go to any length to show them his love. When I get caught up in the typical american way of life thinking its all about me and I have a right to all the things I want, I lose sight of the fact that God doesn't operate on American capitalism or the American dream. He has a plan, and even when I cant see it.
My Job is to seek his Face, to seek his presence. When I find him, I find his plan, I find his will, and I also find that pleasing him is the most fulfilling thing that I can be a part of. Because that is what I was created to do- to know him and to bring him glory.

To quote my good friend John: When words can't express what is going on inside, we need to sing. in other world let our hearts cry out to God so that we can see him as he really is, and that we can see ourselves as he see's us.

No comments: