Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fastest Man in the world


Just watched Usain Bolt destroy the competition in the 100m. That was pretty insane! Dude was starting to slow up before he even got 3/4 of the way there and still broke the record. What is amazing is this is the first year he has run the 100. Talk about unbridled talent, he runs with such confidence. This guy is using his talent in a pretty amazing way (Michael Phelps ain't too shabby either.) I have been enjoying watching the olympics and seeing all these athletes who have trained for 4 years for one moment- the dedication is amazing. The commitment level that they show is a challenge for me. As a follower of Christ, I have a pretty amazing thing that I am a part of in this whole Kingdom plan that he has invited us to be part of. I guess it is a good thing to challenge myself (minus the guilt) and ask the question how dedicated am I to the greatest cause in the history of mankind? Just a thought. In Phillippians Paul talks about running the race in a way that brings honor to God and receiving the prize. that Prize is intimacy with a holy and mighty God. I guarantee you that not many of the Olympic athletes are sorry they spent their time training, especially when that medal gets put around their neck. I know that when I look back on my life, I am thnakful for the moments where I have been walking in obedience and pursuit of God's heart.

No comments: