Sunday, December 14, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Time Fly's. I already have an 8 year old. Can't believe how quick he grew up. We had six eight year olds spend the night on Friday, talk about mayhem.
We let them make their own Ice Cream Sundays. you can see the mess they made. This was one of the occasions that made me think of back when I was a kid. I wondered why my parents wouldn't let me eat all the sweets that I wanted. We put a little limitation on them but mostly just let them go at it. It was kind of funny to see them grabbing their stomach and moaning from all the sugar.
Turns our my parents were right on most things. As a parent you really look back and see all the times your parents didnt let you do something you didn't wanted to and it seemed like they were just trying to make your life miserable, when really they had your best interest in mind.
I find I often feel like God isn't responding the way I would like I want and feel like he isnt present or doesn't care. The truth is that he always has my best interest in mind, and sometimes the struggles I feel like he is abandoning me on are the very things I need to develop some maturity in my life.

Having a perspective with this understanding make make life much either to cope with, and also allows me to draw closer to God both in the good and bad times.

No comments: