Thursday, January 15, 2009

2009 and Transformation


First of all its hard to believe that 1/24th of 2009 in already over. That is nuts. I am really excited about what this year has in store. I was asked today what I wanted to see happen this year at Elevate, and my answer was Transformation. I long to see people move from where they are (or were) to a new place of fulfilling what God had planned for them.

I want to start with me. Over the next few days i want to set up some goals, some tangible things that I can pursue. Not out of guilt or obligation but rather out of a passionate love for God.

Some of the things I would like to transform into this year:

1. An intentional husband and father.
2. Become a passionate reader of God's word
3. Become a spiritual leader (not by name: pastor, but by earning that right in people's lives
4. Become an avid reader
5. Become a saver rather than a spender.
6. Remember people's names that I meet.

I will expound in the days to come on the specifics for each of these. There is no way I can pull this off, I don't have the strength. But God promised that he would provide where I fall short and beyond. Psalm 84 says: What joy for those whose strength comes from the Lord.

No comments: