Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Monday


Today is Monday. I actually don't mind Monday's, I like fresh starts and a chance to do something new. Mondays aren't the same for me because Tuesday is kind of the culmination of my week. I get to spend some time with my boys in the morning, get them of to school and start my day. This week we are starting a new series called what would you do. It is a series based on being great and embracing integrity.
God is an amazing God of fresh starts and what I love about him is that he always takes us right where we are at and allows us to jump on board with him. We don't have to get ourselves into a place where we are more usable, all we have to do is be willing.
Monday to me is like that fresh start, I have the choice of looking back and being frustrated or discouraged for the mistakes I have made and the things I haven't accomplished; or I can jump on board with what God is doing today.
I desire greatness... not for accolades or pats on the back, but because I believe that Jesus created me to be great and to excel at whatever I do with his strength and power.

So the question for you this Monday is what would (or will) you do? Today am taking Pauls challenge from Philippians by forgetting what is behind and to press forward to the goal. The goal is greatness in Christ.

Happpy Monday.

No comments: