Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaguration


Today I turned 38, I still feel like I'm in my early 20's (and act a bit younger than that) but it was interesting to watch Barak Obama be elected on my birthday and see the huge change in the way America now looks. My official political party is officially listed as Jaded or skeptical, I feel neither republican or democrat represent my world view. They both have a lot of great things and things I feel are negative. But that goes to show me that it is not about me but about the greater good of the people. I have spent nearly 20 years involved in church leadership and sometimes that can become more political than politics itself. I truly wish that we could find common ground and truly work for the common good of the people in both national plitics as well as the body of Christ. I guess my part is not to be a judge but rather do my part to live a life that shows what it means to be a follower of Christ and to live at peace with all men.
I believe that Gods word had some great things to say about what it means to support our leaders as well as holding them accountable. Romans shares that there is no authority in place that is not allowed by God. I am not brilliant enough to be a judge, but I hope I have enough of a servants heart to support and speak well of those in authority over me.
Looking forward to a great night of Elevate tonight and sharing Gods worked about looking at the well-being of others.

No comments: