Monday, February 2, 2009

Grace


The best definition of Grace I have heard is simply "God giving us what we don't deserve." Today I am feeling full of grace, blessing and provisions that God has given. I don't always feel that way, sometimes I get the "why me?" attitude, long for things I don't need, and complain about the things that I encounter. I am amazed that God still continues to pour out goodness on a daily basis. I had a situation arise this last week that made me for a second question Gods goodness and care for me at that instant second (stupid, i know). Today I saw that the thing I complained about was replaced by something even greater.

I don't know if I will ever get to a place of complete unquestioned trust, but I do know that God keeps all of his promises and that his plans are better than anything I could ever dream up for myself. Jeremiah 29:11 states very clearly God has a plan for our lives. I want his best not my plans.

No comments: