Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Heart of God


I did a message talking about being after God's heart, I interview a bunch of people on video asking them what it meant when the bible said David was a man after God's own heart. The best answer was given by a guy who said simply "It means that God had a heart and David was after it." I love that definition. In Genesis when God creates humans he said let us make man in our own image. I believe that was referring to the heart. The ability to love and be loved, to choose to make decisions and experience emotions or feelings.
This past week at Elevate we talked about how amazing and magnificent God is, and that even if he wasn't as good as he is to us, he would still be worthy of our worship. Psalm 19 is an incredible passage where David talks about the beauty and majesty of God shares in vivid detail the awe that surrounds the almighty God. His invitation at the end of the chapter is to taste and see. I am learning that when we begin to take God at his word and take him up on his offer to experience his fullness by reaching out in faith and taking what he is offering, it is much better than anything I can experience in this messed up world.
My challenge today is to chase after the heart of God (even though he is chasing me) and see Him in the any area of life experience.
God's best to you as you seek his heart!

No comments: