Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday morning rabbit trail on stuggling with death.


I have had a little too many funerals lately. One is too many. What is really hard is too see what is left behind when when a person exits this life prematurely. The thing I have had a real hard time with is comprehending Gods timing. I know God is good and just, but my humanness cannot make sense of a family left without a mother, a young child without a father and a family left without their baby. The thing is that is helping me get through these thoughts, struggles and doubts, is coming to the point that I don't think God intends for me to understand them. One of my favorite quotes comes from Louie Giglio, who says that when we don't understand God we need to realize that he "paints on a canvas bigger than we can see."
According to our human capacity we are all entitled to live a long pain free life, and many will argue that if this is not the case God either doesn't exist or he doesn't care.
What I do know about God is that he is good and he is just and he will get glory out of any situation... but my mind still refuses to get it. That is where faith steps in.
Anyway this isn't some sort of post where I get it and have it all figured out, it is actually me just confessing my weakness, and my inability to understand. So if this sounds confusing and scattered, I am!
So I take my thoughts, my doubts, my lack of understanding- and when I match them up with the amazingness of who God is, and his track record versus mine. I am gonna go with him even though I don't have him wrapped up in a nice little theological box.

That being said, I am done with funerals, bring on the baptisms, baby dedications and weddings. but should death knock close to home again, I will continue to share the hope that is found in the person of Jesus Christ.

Have an amazing day, and my your and my doubt be turned into hope and peace!

No comments: