Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Making the best of a bad week


OK so I tend to be a little pessimistic some times, but this week has been unusually cruddy! Its in the high 90's and our Air conditioner went out- 2 months after the warranty was up of course. the brakes on my wife's car decides now was the time to go out. I get a phone call the other day that caught me off guard, where I came away feeling like I was a total moron because of some decisions I made that I though were correct, and then I found out just a few minutes later that one of the most productive ministries we have in cultivating community has been axed. Pretty uplifting stuff huh? There's more but I have to stop now before this becomes a habit.

Here is where it comes out: I am pretty much a "control freak" when it comes right down to it. Hidden behind this usually smiling face and apparent gentle spirit is a ugly selfish complex rearing its ugly head.

I don't like it when I am not in control of a situation, and if I cant fix it and make it right it drives me absolutely crazy.

I guess this rant is more of a confession, to myself and to God that I need help. He is the only one who can control this mess of a thing I call my life.

So once again, Lord I resign. And place you in Charge. No seriously.... I think.

"My God shall supply all your needs."

Once again, not teaching, just trying to pound some truth into this thick skull of mine.

"Be anxious for nothing, but everything by prayer and supplication, let your requests be made known to God."

-Lord help me get rid of my anxious spirit and enjoy the time you have set aside for us...

No comments: