Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Getting Ready for Conference Getaway


I love going to conferences. There is something about getting away and hearing a new perspective on things. Its also nice when you don't have to worry about all the things you have to do on a particular day, just showing up and being able to sit back and learn.
So I am getting ready to leave tomorrow morning for San Diego to the National Outreach conference. The picture is of me and my boys, my wife is working tonight, so I get a quiet (much sarcasm) evening. I am going to miss
these guys. When I am away from my family I realize how much I really love them and how important they are in my life. I love the return from a trip, my boys are jumping up and down and run and hug me tight-truly one of the greatest feelings in the world. I am reminded of the parable Jesus told of the son who is away from his father, although he has made some extremely poor life choices, there his father is waiting for him each day looking out the window waiting for his return. I think many times we have a wrong perception of God, that we need to "clean our act up" before we can return to relationship with him. While the truth is that God through scripture and history loves to take us back and restore us to unconditional relationship with him. So as I leave tomorrow and go to all day meetings and sleeping in a strange hotel room, I will anticipate the reception Jonah and Jackson have waiting for me, as well as remind myself of Gods constant pursuit of my affection

No comments: