Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I tend to be a procrastinator. I think when I was younger I started to think if I just waited a little longer the trash would take itself out, or the lawn would cut itself. Sounds like some extremely stupid logic, but here I am years later living out that philosophy in various areas of my life- as a adult (at least thats what they tell me). I used to watch the Andy Griffith show when I was a kid, and Deputy Barney used to have a saying about arresting suspicious people prematurely: "you gotta nip it in the bud! You just got to nip it." when I say I am a procrastinator I am admitting that there are some areas in life where I need to grow up and just take care of things, instead of just letting them sit, hoping they will just go away or work themselves out. It is amazing how some little things can quickly turn into terrible habits or into a big huge mess when left unattended. I want to be a little more like Barney. No, not an bumbling idiot with a high pitched voice, but rather someone who is willing to take action when it is necessary, even if it isn't comfortable or popular. Solomon says in Proverbs 20:4 Those too lazy to plow in the right season will have no food at the harvest. So today, my challenge to myself and anyone who reads this is: What am I putting off today that would be beneficial to take care immediately? As Barney says "You just got to nip it!"

No comments: