Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Remembering God's Past


I have a bad habit of punishing myself for bad decisions I made in the past. The truth is the past can be a good thing to remember when we look back and see how God has provided for us in the past. I often think of all the things I should have done as well as the things I haven't done. When I look back and think of how God has treated me, he has really done a lot of awesome things for me. First I have been given life and assurance of eternity with him in heaven- pretty awesome deal if you ask me. 2 Cor 5:21 Says "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." That means God said I will trade you all the garbage in your life for his righteousness or perfectness, I am glad I took him up on the deal. Sometimes I get lost in my immediate circumstances, and lose track of all the things he has done.

One of the best ways to get yourself in position to receive God's best for you, is to remember what he has already done and to be genuinely thankful.

Happy thanksgiving everybody!!!!

God bless.

Joel

No comments: