Friday, November 30, 2007

Miracles Part 3


The Last couple of weeks we have been covering miracles that Jesus performed as both a help to those in need and a sign of his power to those looking on. There were times when people asked for a miracle and he chose not to do it, mainly due to the lack of peoples faith or the motives of the people who were asking. That gets me to my thought today. What is my motive in desiring God to do something great in my life? Is it so that I can be lifted up or be made more comfortable or is it so that I can be in a better position to experience who he is and to make him known to those around me? There are a lot of things I would love to see God do, I am beginning to look at my "list" I am presenting and see if these are "needs" or "wants." I believe that God does give us blessings, which are things we don't deserve, I do know that God does not usually give us something that will take our attention away form him.
What is your motive for seeking something great from God? If we will learn to look at the things that will bring glory to God rather than ourselves I believe we will begin to see that he is constantly doing something great. Your miracle may be closer than you think.

No comments: