Sunday, December 2, 2007

Nick-Names are always an interesting thing to me. I call both my sons by names other than their given name. For some reason I have attached a little name to them that expresses my love and affection for them. My 7 year however does not allow me to use his nickname in public, and if I write it in this blog I will be in trouble. I wonder what God calls us. His love goes deeper than any parent can love their child and he knows all of our little quirks. One time he expresses a name to young gal caught in adultery and thrown naked into public, he calls her daughter. Jesus called two of his disciples Sons of Thunder, he called Simon Peter. I think that if we were to listen closely we would hear that Jesus has some names for us, that would help us understand the depths of his love.

No comments: