Monday, December 17, 2007

SLO MOTION 3

Sometimes being still and waiting pays off. I shared last night that I was trying to beat the crowds and find that hard to get toy for my son the Christmas. After playing the game and not being very successful I decided I would just wait it out and wait for it to come to me or even past the Christmas season. I got a text from a friend who told me where I could get one this morning. So I went and stood in line for a few minutes and got it this morning. Psalm 46:10 says "be still and know that I am God." I am not saying that God was behind me getting the Christmas item I have been searching for (although he loves to bless his children) but the principle of waiting and listening applies well in lifewe can run around and search for things all we want. By true spiritual growth and blessings I believe are fond in the time we sit still and acknowledge that God is in charge and we are not. So my challenge this week is to start operating in slow motion a little each day to truly appreciate God and see his hand at work- because he is always at work.

No comments: