Thursday, December 6, 2007

I am not in control!!!!!


I woke up today having a productive day planned out, everything was set up nicely... until the phone rang. My day is now upside down and I am having a reminder in the version of a two by four across the forehead that I am not in control of my surroundings, much less my own life. I wouldn't consider myself a control freak but today I am realizing that at my core I am trying to be the "boss of me" and not surrendering myself to God. The phone rang again and I am having to deal with the fact that my stuff is not really my stuff... or at least its not supposed to be. (ever have a high dollar item stolen? not fun.)
As a pastor I must admit that it is easier to preach about something than it is to actually live it out through experience. There is a passage that I am being convicted to apply in my own life, which to tell you the truth I don't feel applying right now, but if I am gonna be submitted to the God that I serve I must apply it and live it even though I don't feel like it. It comes from the book of Philippians chapter 4 starting with verse 4 it goes like this:

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I don't feel like showing Joy right now, I feel like banging my head into the wall, I don't want to be gentle I want to scream. I am anxious, I want it fixed right now.

"Lord, thank you for what you have given me, and what I have, thank you for turning my schedule upside down. Thank you that you will bring peace to my craziness when I slow down long enough to accept what you have for me. You are amazing thank you for all you have done."

Could you hear my teeth grinding together as I forced that out? Time to practice what I preach. don't live your life by your feelings- live by the truth of who God is and what he says about you. God's peace is on the way... Hope your day is going better than mine.

No comments: