Monday, December 3, 2007


Persistence is a rare quality. It can be annoying when other people are persistent in getting something from you. There was a lady at a church I went to a couple of years ago she was one of natural health dealers. One winter I came down with the flu. She gave me all kinds of natural remedies, I never will forget these garlic things that she swore by, I smelt like a Arabian kitchen for a week. The funny thing I eventually got better, not sure if the remedies had anything to do with that, but she saw me and asked how I was feeling, I told her, "fine." She said I told you it would work and then proceeded to hand me a bill for all the items she had given me. I was nice and paid the bill, she then started bringing me refills and making all sorts of other suggestions. I had to fight her off every week from giving me new bottles of turtle livers, or hippopotamus belly lint, or whatever was the new thing. Even after I moved hundreds of miles away, she got a hold of my number and wanted my address so she could send me more items. I now know why she was driving the pink Cadillac given to the highest grossing sellers in the country. I will have to hand it to her, she was persistent. If we could show that kind of persistence and faith in seeking God for what we desire him to do in our life, i believe we would begin to experience a whole new realm of Gods grace. God appreciates persistence and says in his word that we will have some amazing blessings in store if we practice this quality. In the book of Luke chapter 11 Jesus challenges those around to be aggressive in seeking what we need from God, and that God rewarded persistence- Check it out (Luke 11 especially verses 5-10). I am challenged today to be persistent in seeking God for the Miracle I am praying for this season.

No comments: