Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hand in the Cookie Jar

I was looking for Jackson today, and I heard him in the pantry. I had my cell phone and took a this video.

Out he came with a bag of dorritos.
I share a lot how I learn so much about God's love for me through my boys, this was another one of those moments. I was just able to enjoy watching him develop as a little boy. I think we often get so caught up in doing the right thing, avoiding the wrong thing, and trying to figure out our place in life that we miss out on some opportunities to just let God love on us and enjoy his creation. Life is too short to be so serious all the time- enjoy the fact that God created you according to his word for his "good pleasure." Instead of looking at God as the cosmic judge with the lightning bolt- take some time to see him as the proud Father who takes great joy in his creation.

No comments: