Thursday, July 31, 2008

Reflection


I have in the fast few days been thinking over what it means to "live" as a follower of Christ. For many it is a list of do's and don'ts and that is ruled by guilt and fear. I agree that fear is a big key in following Christ, but the fear in the bible is not something where we run and hide from something we are afraid of, but rather fear is healthy respect, an acknowledgment of power. Any one that has asked Christ to be the Lrod of their life has an incredible responsibility to live in a way that honors him. The interesting thing is that we are asked to that which we cannot do- and that is to be perfect. Why would God ask us to be perfect, when he know we cant be? He knows our weakness and our limitations and he knows that the only way we can live up to this is to give up and allow his perfectness to live through us. Its kind of like a reflection. A mirror shows only what it is pointed at. Have you ever had a mirror reflect the sun into your eyes- pretty intense brightness almost blinds you. I am learning that if I truly want to demonstrate what it means to be a follower of Christ, instead of trying harder and trying to do more things, I must spend time with him and reflect him to everyone I meet and in every situation.
So I hope that my reflection is clear and that the mrror of my life is pointed directly at Jesus.

No comments: