Monday, July 28, 2008

Snapshots

I love pictures. I like the fact that you can capture a image of a moment and go back and re-experience it a later date. One of my boys' favorite things to do is get on dads laptop and take pictures with the webcam (nothing like a Macbook pro) Here are a couple of shots of some of m favorite times with them.
A few weeks ago while on vacation, I took my son to a huge arcade with tons of games the rows of games seemed to go as far as you could see, he thought he died and went to gamers heaven. After playing a few games, and carefully making the most of each token, my son still had 8 tokens left, and was contemplating where to play his last few games. Thats when he did something that took me by surprise, and gave me one of the proudest moments a father could ever have. He took me to one of those photobooth things that snap 4 pictures in a row. The cost was 8 tokens. I had to bite my lip to keep from crying like a baby when he said "Dad, I want to spend my last 8 tokens on pictures of us so we can remember this time together." The pictures are still on the fridge, we smiled for one, and made silly faces on the other three and made a memory that I will have forever. I think it is so easy to get caught up with the struggles life and everything else, and loose a perspective of a heavenly father who created us to be loved by him.
I am also learning that for quite some time God's most precious creation (us) have done a good job of complicating a simple relationship that he desires with us. Our father desires for us to have intimacy with him.
Can you imagine the joy in our heavenly fathers heart if we were to say to him that we wanted to spend some of our precious (busy) time with him. If its anywhere near the joy I experienced, I want to make that a priority, to give back a little for how much has been given to me.

No comments: