Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm Connected


After a few weeks of being without the internet, cable and phone service I am now connected with technology. I never realized how much I am dependent on being "connected." I felt lost like I was missing a part of my life. What a great feeling to turn on the computer and be able to send and receive emails, to watch the news and my favorite shows and be available to people who are looking to talk with me. I wonder how connected I am with Jesus on a daily basis, when I get disconnected does my life begin appear to be missing the most important part or do I just go on with life as normal. I really hope and pray that I truly sense my dependence on God and my need to be connected to him. In John 15 Jesus says "I am the Vine and you are the branches. Todays phrase translation could be "I am the World Wide Web" and you are the computer. Jesus goes on to say if we stay plugged into him we will produce fruit, or there will be results in life that prove we are connected to Jesus. Now that I am connected to the internet I am going to be more organized, have better information, and be better and following up on friendships and people that I minister to. But the most important thing for me is not to be a better person, a more organized person, or even more creative; but rather to be connected to Jesus and let my life be a reflection of what he wants and has planned for me.

How connected are you? Its not a guilt driven question- its a challenge to be connected to the best resource available for life- period. Jesus. Remember its not what you know, its who you know.

No comments: