Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One Minute...


I just took Jonah my 7 year old to the dentist, after going through the cleaning and polishing process (which he was very brave and I was very proud.) The dentist encouraged me to take time he brushes a little more seriously. The key is talking one minute of focusing on each tooth for a couple of seconds and getting all the "sugar bugs" off so they don't start causing trouble in the form of cavities. That one minute a night can save him a lot of pain in the form of shots and that menacing dentists drill... (dont you hate that high pitched sound?)
In this blog my goal is to take my daily experiences and learn spiritual principles and apply them to my life based on God's word. My take away from this session is that I want to take a little inventory of my life daily and look for the "sugar bugs" that seek to harm me. They may seem innocent and small but left unattended they coudl grow into habit and addictions out of my control. There is a great passage in the bible that I would like to use as my One Minute guide it comes from Psalm 137:23-24
23
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

This one minute of hearing from a source of help and guidance (not guilt and shame) could save me a lot of hours, weeks, months and possibly years of pain.

No comments: