Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Back to Reality


I just returned from an incredible getaway. It was nice to escape the realities of everyday life and simply soak in the surrounding area and relax. This is the first time we were away from our kids and I was surprised how much I missed them, in fact the last day of our vacation I wanted to come home because I felt like our family wasn't complete. The reunion was awesome as we pulled into the house my son burst out the door and hugged me so tight and never let me go (literally, he was attached to me all night.) Sometimes a little distance can help refresh you of the wonderful things in your life and how valuable your family is. I began to think about the importance of creating community and family within the Body of Christ. In our family although we are far from perfection, we have a place of comfort where we can be ourself and be alright with that, where we can voice our opinions and know we are not going to be rejected. I think the main ingredient in that (besides God being the center) is that we realize that we need each other and that life is much better with together than it is apart. I am looking forward to in the next few weeks to making some specific efforts to build family within our community.
So its back to reality, no one making sure my drink is full and that I have more enough amazing food on my plate, no beautiful beaches to walk along, and no more sleeping in... But I will take the the trade any day, back to life with my family, my church and the plans God has for my life.

No comments: