Monday, March 17, 2008

How Big is Your God?


Last night I shared from the book of Daniel, about how Daniel had a faith in God that was larger than the situations he faced. God showed up and delivered Daniel from the Lions that normally would have devoured him for a midnight snack. The situations we face in life that we face tend to devour us, they dominate our thoughts and keep us from doing the things we desire and allowing God to really show his strength in our weakness.
The question that I am faced with when life's lions attack, when I am placed in a situation that is bigger than my control, is "How big is my God" Am I going to let the pressures force me to struggle, am I going let circumstances beyond my control dominate my thoughts. Or am I going to begin to live like I believe Gods word and promises to be true.
Its not easy, and sometimes eaven when I step out on faith it doesn't feel right and the outcome may not be what I hoped or planned for. But the great thing is that God's plan is always better and he works things out way better than I do.

No comments: