Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Journey to Wise Decisions


Ok, So I am not in Maui, but I wish I was. What I learned form Proverbs today is that God's wisdom is actually looking for us, and according to Solomon is calling out from the streets "come and get it." So how have I managed to avoid it for so long? Well I have probably not seriously looked and also, wisdom requires that I trust in God... "Trust in God" that is a churchy phrase that is easy to say, shoot its even written on our money, But if we are honest, when it comes to 99.9% of the decisions we make in life we base them on our feelings, and how this affects me in this present moment. True wisdom says that God holds the key to wisdom and when we choose his way, even when it is not comfortable, or doesn't feel good, we begin to experience his wisdom infiltrating our lives.
So today, I am not going to dream of being on the beaches of Maui, although being honest I really would (whats my credit limit on mastercard and when does the plane leave?) ...oooohhhhhh wait back on track..... I have some things that I could blow off till this weekend and be stressed, or i could think of things with a long term and future perspective, and as Larry the Cable so Eloquently puts it "Git er' done!" Now thats some wisdom!!!

No comments: