Monday, March 10, 2008

Health- Don't know what you got til its gone.


As the great 80's rockers Cinderella put it "don't know what you got until its gone." For several days I was miserable and just laid in bed and felt like I was hit by a truck. But Sunday morning I woke up feeling different, i felt... great. It was strange that normal felt so good, i could breath through my nose, my head didn't feel like it was full of rocks and I could actually think without my head pounding. For some reason normal felt extremely good. There all all kinds of trite phrases I could stick in here about not noticing your health until it is missing, but it really felt great to feel good.
I think if we would stop long enough to take a look at the things that we have in our life and all the blessings that we have it would be a whole lot more enjoyable to live right where we are. So many times I think about the things that are wrong, to beat myself up for mistakes, to wish that I had invested in Yahoo ten years, etc... Our lives are so full of blessings, and I probably sound like a dazed and confused 70's child but I am going to focus on what I have this week, and enjoy them, and instead of moaning about my problems I am going to take the tough times in stride. I think that is the life that Jesus was talking about in Matthew chapter 5, he was talking about the great blessing that we have, and the truest blessing in life have been given to us by God and we often ignore them in lieu of things that we don't have and things we want.
So this week I am going to go through matthew 5 and remember how I am blessed.

Here is the dictionary definition for blessing:

bless·ing [bles-ing]
1.the act or words of a person who blesses.
2.a special favor, mercy, or benefit: the blessings of liberty.
3.a favor or gift bestowed by God, thereby bringing happiness.
4.the invoking of God's favor upon a person:
5.praise; devotion; worship, esp. grace said before a meal:
6.approval or good wishes:

Have a great week I hope you are having a great week.

No comments: