Thursday, October 23, 2008

Family.

I haven't written much lately, I have allowed my life to overtake me and I seem to have let the tyranny of the urgent begin to rule my life. Life is rough and hands out things that we feel we don't deserve. Today i got a call from my sister, a year ago she adopted a child from a young gal strung out on drugs. For the last year my sister has taken care of the child and gave him a great life within their family. Today a judge (who probably should be drug tested himself) ripped the child from my sisters family an gave him back to his birth mom who is most likely still on drugs, without a home a job or transportation all because she needed a baby fix that will probably last all of a week. (can you sense my anger.) Can you imagine a the fear that this poor child will face being taken away to a strange place and basically left to fend for himself.
Listening to a heart broken mother having her baby torn from her arms is a tough thing to get your mind about. (A mother doesn't necessarily mean birth mom) Its especially tough when its your sister.
We had a tough conversation, its hard to see God at work in times like this. It s possible we may never see how he is present in this situation- but he is!
Its times like this when faith becomes either something you really have or something that you just talk about when times are good. If you happen to stumble upon this say a prayer for my sister Esther, she could use it.

No comments: