Friday, October 3, 2008

Mornings

I hate waking up, but I love mornings. Too bad you can't have it both ways. Around my house its the only time its quiet. I have been trying to make some time for quiet in my life which is tough, when you have little kids. SO occasionally I will get up before they do- which is early! They process from legs under covers to legs on the floor is a tough one. Even tougher when I know I have a good 30 minutes to an hour before the kids are up. But once I get up and get that first cup of Coffee and sit out back in Silence I am so glad I did it. I figure if Jesus needs quiet I need it more. Its not about penitence or duty, I am learning that God desires to make himself known to me. James 2:3 tells us that Abraham was a friend of God. I hope that my life resembles a friendship with God. I don't want to spend time with him out of some religious duty, but rather to spend time with the person that loves me most, and to allow him to pour his life into me. Friendship is about communication, its hard to communicate in today's busy world and I think God prefers that individual time with me, and rumor is he doesn't do the BlackBerry thing.

No comments: