Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fathers-and the Everlasting Father


Last night John and I got to share a message on the "Everlasting Father." I have had the privilege of having an incredible father in my life, who has helped me understand what God means when he refers to himself as Father. John shared how even though he had a absent father as a child, God put a different amount of people in his life to help meet that need in his life. I really liked the verse that he shared from Psalms that said "I will be a Father to the Fatherless." We really do have an amazing God, a Father who is Compassionate, Caring and always there.

On my side of being a father, my son Jackson is finally pulling through after a rough couple of days of an intestinal virus and dehydration, but this morning he is actually showing some signs of energy. It is a tough position to be in when your kids are sick, there is a feeling of helplessness and frustration because you cant make things better. It is great to have a Everlasting Father who is never helpless.

No comments: