Saturday, May 10, 2008

RELAXED


I kind of understand what Jesus was saying when he encouraged us to have the "Faith of a Child" when I see my kids in action. This morning Jackson was just chillin' sitting in his chair with his special lamb (Lamby). He wasn't worried about what was going to happen later, he wasn't worried about next months mortgage payment- he was just chillin.
He knows that his mom and dad are going to make sure he is taken care of. He spends very little time worrying about stuff and a lot of time doing the things he's supposed to do. That being playing, eating, and being ornery; because that is what kids are supposed to do.
We adults are supposed to trust God (sometimes the word adult is very loosely used-especially with me.) Yes, we have responsibilities and jobs, but if we really want to live the type of life Jesus desires of us, we need to trust. Its not a do this or else command, it is the best thing for us. I have found that any command God has for me is not to give me rules and regulations, but rather to protect me and to provide for me. As a parent I have to make decisions that are not popular with my kids- but they are always to provide for and protect my kids.
I hope we can all get in the relaxing mood when it comes to trusting God.
I am thankful for the 2 little examples he has blessed me with.

No comments: