Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sickness stikes again.

Having Sick Kids is not fun. I would rather be sick then have them sick, its tough when they are just helpless and there is nothing you can do about it. But thats part of life, and the less glamorous sides of having kids. Once again I am reminded about God's unconditional love.

Note: it you have a weak stomach don't read any further.

Last night, my one year old started throwing up, and was confused why stuff was coming out of his mouth - I mean projectile. His only reaction was to cling closer to me. So here I am having a child spewing all over me and trying to get closer to me. Pretty gross, huh. The amazing thing is that I responded not by being gross out, but wanting my kid to feel my embrace and wanting him to be able to be close to me. We ended up having to jump in the bath and the clean up was a bugger. My thought goes back to how God loves us, even though we have the stench and stain of sin all over us, he wants us to come closer and feel his embrace.

So today he is feeling better, just wanting to relax and snuggle, one of the tradeoffs for having to deal with the sickness is getting those snuggles that he is usually to busy to give.

No comments: