Friday, September 26, 2008

Interruptions


It seems like almost all the people I have conversations with lately are having major interruptions in life. Relationship struggles, financial issues, annoying people, IRS, jury duty... the list goes on. I am a pretty mellow guy and it takes a lot to get me agitated or stressed, but it seems like lately things are going at such a fast pace and little hiccup in life brings life to a screeching halt. I am starting to think that maybe a new look at interruptions in necessary. Instead of viewing them as obstacles that need to overcome, maybe their are moments allowed by God trying to get our attention. I genuinely don't believe that God has a demented desire to see us in pain, what I do know about Him through his word is that he is passionately in love with desires our attention.

I have been taking some time recently to consciously change my perspective, and as corny as it may sound it works. I am not going to say I have it figured out and that life comes easily... because it doesn't. But the times when I stop in the midst of a interruption and let myself recognize God's presence- I sense a definite change in my attitude (as well as my blood pressure)
Right now I dont have any tradgedies or excruciating circumstances in life, but I do have a lot of little things that tend to add up... changing my persepective on these (when I do it) takes an ubelieveable amount of stress of my life and genuinely makes me a more pleasant person. I think I and a whole lot of people need to turn in our resignation for CEO of the Universe and start appreciating the opportunites to appreciate Gods Love and presence.

No comments: