Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Silence? For and Hour? You're crazy!


Last night we had an amazing interruption. We had an entire service of silence. Which was weird for a while but ended up being pretty amazing. by the time we were finished people actually were surprised that we were actually done. Life is so loud, that silence can be uncomfortable. I realized how bad I need to get away from all the distractions in life, to let God speak into my life. I also am learning how addicted I am to noise. I can't get in my car without my radio, I cant relax without having the TV on- I am seriously addicted to noise. It was great to go cold turkey last night and just hear Gods voice. What was so encouraging was to hear so many people afterward saying how much they needed it. I missed the worship time through music, but it was cool to worship in a different format.
I am going to try to find (actually the word "Make" fits better than "find") times of silence to hear God and to gain some perspective in life's situations.

No comments: