Sunday, April 6, 2008

Dumb Mistakes Update


OK so here's the deal, we are in a series called "Dumb and Dumber: learning from the book of proverbs." And I am making a conscious choice to make better decisions. So i am doing OK in some areas, in others area's it seems like same ol' same old. On my way back from LA (Pasadena) I jumped back on the 210 Interstate and was cruising to get home in a hurry, all of a sudden I saw a sign that that showed I was going east not west. Stupid decision, but it was made because I was one of those idiots talking on the cell phone and not paying attention to the signs and let my instincts guide me. My instints almost guided me to Palm Springs. Going back to the Proverbs, Solomon states that if we want to be wise we need to trust in God, and fear Him. Sometimes we like to think of God as the magic Genie rather than the God who cares about every detail of our life and desires to guide our steps and use our lives to show his amazing power and love. So my take home from wisdom this weekend , trust God more, and learn to trust myself less when it comes to God's plan (or simply getting home.)
While I am already opening up: I also jumped into the shower and didnt have a towel anywhere near... could of been worse, it could have been toilet paper.....

No comments: