Thursday, April 10, 2008

Proverbs 10


I am still sick! but getting better.

I am an impatient person, the truth is that tends to be a downfall for me when it comes to making wise decisions.

Todays proverb (10) contrasts the consequences of wickedness verses the benefits of living a life fearing God and embracing wisdom.We generally don't consider ourselves to be wicked people, but we do have a constant battle going on inside us, to choose what our fleshly nature desires, against what I Gods plan is for our life.

The bible says that the heart is deceitful above all things and that it can lead us into trouble and even destruction. But when we choose God's wisdom our life is filled with great things. So many times in my life I have dismissed Gods plan as being a "do" and "do not" list rather than realizing that everything that God commands always has two things in mind for me- my protection, and providing what I need.

My flesh only desires what makes it feel good immediately where the spirit of God in me desires what is most beneficial in the long run.

Proverbs 10:23 Doing wrong is fun for a fool, but living wisely brings pleasure to the sensible. 24 The fears of the wicked will be fulfilled; the hopes of the godly will be granted.

Wisdom says although the wrong thing may feel better or even fun at the moment, the wisest choices consider long term consequences and the rewards are greater when we wait on God.

The habit of choosing what feels good now is a hard habit to break, so I have my work cut out for me, but I am already seeing the resluts of a renewed quest for wise decisions in life.

No comments: