Friday, April 4, 2008

SPIRITUAL DUCT TAPE




There are somethings in life that annoy us. For me having a loose earpiece microphone is way up high. Usually I have some device to fix that but Tuesday night there was none to be found.
So that is where Zach came to the rescue, when the Duct tape came out I was thankful yet quite worried about the removal afterwards. It worked great (looked a little silly) but nonetheless did the job, it also came off quite easily without taking half my throat with it.
Duct tape does a great job of fixing things, and being a broken person in constant need I need some serious duct tape in my life.
I believe the book of Proverbs works a lot like duct tape (only better) it holds things together and is very useful when applied properly. The truth is that God loves us and watches over of, but only when we apply God's wisdom (spiritual duct tape) do we avoid some of the consequences of stupid decisions.
I have been enjoying going through the proverbs personally- and I have benefited greatly by practicing them in my every day life- I hope I can make a habit out of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need a lot of duct tape in my life. between today and yesterday I have burned off my facial hair with a fireball out the wrong end of a chicken cannon (you can't make this up, I'm dead serious) and ran off the girl of my dreams all because I'm an idot. Please pray for me if you see this.