Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wisdom Balance and Friendship

Tonight I was able to take the evening off, I went to my sons school musical and then took my family out for ice cream afterwards. The amazing thing is that I was completely relaxed and was able to not even think about the fact that usually I am running crazy on Tuesday nights making sure everything is ready to roll for elevate. The reason for that peace is that I have some great people in my life that are willing and capable of running things completely fine without me. Its not easy for an ego to take the cold hard facts, that life can go on without me. It is awesome to have a great Friend like John step in and be a part of the teaching team, and having Mike be such an amazing partner in ministry. And then having a Leadership team like Elevate's who are all so willing to just jump right in and get things done- I am very blessed and very thankful.
So to all you who make my life so enjoyable- Thank you from the bottom of my heart. There is a great verse in Proverbs 24:18 that says there are a lot of friends that come and go, but there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. That Friend is not only the Amazing God of heaven, but also many people who demonstrate Gods love on a daily basis. These friendships make it easier to live a life of balance- to help me understand that I am not in complete control and that although I know I have a significant calling on my life from God, there are so many people around me who's calling is just as significant.

OK, so I am starting to ramble but it is 11:30 and I slepts a total of 5 hours last night. All this to say: I appreciate my friends who help bring balance to my life- and give me a tangible expression of God's unconditional love

No comments: