Monday, April 28, 2008

FIX IT DAY


Today I am working on one of those "honey-do" list for my wife, we are making some adjustments around the house to fix somethings that need fixin', and making some minor improvements.
I have shared in previous post that I am a perpetual procrastinator, but when I start doing something I get into it and cannot stop, I will keep on plowing through until I get finished, don't talk to me don't disturb me I am on a mission to get something done. My thought today is on balance, I wish I could find a happy medium between my procrastination and my "get out of the way, I'm getting this done." Somewhere in between those things is a unknown place to me, a place of good results on my work minus the stress of trying to beat a deadline or having to work harder on something because of consequences of waiting.
So in my quest to implement Wisdom into my Life- I am going to shoot for some balance.
This takes a little more effort and also overcoming some of the ways I have been doing things for years.

Proverbs talks much about diligence and quick action; I know in my head that doing things methodically rather than frantically is better, its just that most of the time I convince myself that this is just how I am and that I thrive better with pressure.

Balance will also make things a lot easier on the most significant people in my life, mainly my wife and kids. There has been many times that I have turned down a meaningful game of catch with my son because of the "tyranny of the urgent" created by my lack of diligence and planning.

So Balance here I come, looking forward to it, balance is Wisdom, and according to proverbs it is looking for us, we just have to start looking in the right place.

Quick note: I should have learned some balance before last night, I went from not playing basketball in 3 years to playing 10 games of full court 5-5. I can't move! I hurt! but it was fun.

No comments: