Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Proverbs 16


Today in reading proverbs 16 the overriding theme seemed to be no matter how much we think we are in control, God is really the only one who has the ability to affect our future. I tend to be a fix-it person, if I see a problem, I want to fix it. now notice I didn't say I was necessarily good at it, my nature is to jump in and try to make things the way I want them to be. Some of the greatest wisdom I can take from this, is that I need to learn to wait on God to work things out rather than making it my personal prerogative to be mister fix-it in many areas of life.

Porverbs again reiterates the point in this Chapter "commit your way to the Lord" that means choosing his way of doing things over my way. So today, I am going to to choose his way, and seek his council before I began feverish attempts at being mister fix it at all of life's challenges.

No comments: